Garden pond – a pond with his hands – Online magazine about the repair
Building a garden pond . in common parlance called simply “ film pond ” is logical and reasonable to begin with the design stage.
First you need to determine the site – it should be away from trees with a strong root structure. Perfect location garden pond is half the film of the reservoir cover shadow, the other half is under sunlight.
Otherwise in the summer sun, the water will begin to turn green, or “bloom” because of the huge number of microorganisms rapidly proliferating in the bright summer sun.
Hereinafter, the shape of the pit.
Garden pond rectangular or square shapes will look not quite natural, but as artificial construction. We are committed to the natural mind, isn’t it?
With the shape decided, now the depth of the film of pond per square meter of surface shall be at least 350-400 litres of water. If you plan to colonize fish, at least 900-1000L.
I.e. the depth of the pond with the fishes is not less than 90 cm.
Start construction of the pond :
1. Before you start digging the pond . using a garden hose or sand mark the contour of the future reservoir. Look at this place from different angles, to imagine how it will look finished pond. Because while the work is not commenced, any changes in plans.
2. After you decide the form, hold the shovel. First, dig a path and only then get to the bed of the pond. Make sure to separate the humus rich top layer of soil from the lower — lighter -mineral. The bottom layer will come in handy when you will build a stream or sprinkle the bottom of the pond, the top use for flower beds. To different species of plants and animals could feel comfortable in a pond, it is important to form areas with different depth. Then remove all stones and roots and tamp the bottom. The pond needs to be at the same height: stretch from shore to shore the rope, pull it down over the pegs and line up the shore with a level.
3. To accurately calculate the size of the film, lay the cloth of a roulette on the bottom of the pit, determine its maximum dimensions in length and width and in any case add to the values at 40 cm.
4. Films for the reservoirs made of PVC, polyethylene or synthetic rubber. For large ponds use glued in an industrial environment the film. Under it on the bottom of the pit lay a layer of geotextile. If the bottom is rocky, you need to cover 10-centimeter layer of sand and then put a geotextile and foil. If no stones on the bottom,then the sand you do not need. Before laying the PVC on the bottom of the pit, it is advisable to keep her an hour under direct sunlight, the film becomes more elastic. Then carefully unfold and press into the box of the pit. Make sure that under the film has no voids, but small folds are inevitable. After laying the foil in a deep area of the pond should be filled with water.
5. The edges can be filled with soil only after 2-3 days after the film is deposited. It is best to use infertile substrate.
6. After planting in swampy and wet areas of the pond water can be refilled to the desired level.
Film the pond is ready. Enjoy!